By Dr. Holly
Many of you have heard about or may have gluten intolerance. A compound found in wheat, and associated grans. Some people say that grains are good for you and others say it is bad for you. Why the controversy. Let’s look at gluten actually and the issues that contribute to the controversy:
1. Gluten is a protein found in wheat and other grains. it gives the elasticity to dough but is also found in cosmetics, hair and skin products
2. Anyone can have a reaction to any kind of protein, some people are born allergic to their own blood and have to have complete transfusions at birth; and yes, some people can actually have a genetic predisposition, DQ2/DQ8, that makes them more at risk to developing an allergic reaction to gluten
3. Research has shown that even when these genetic factors are an issue, if wheat is introduced before the age of one, then an otherwise healthy immune system develops the anti-gens necessary to work with gluten (http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0033387)
4. Many people who think they are gluten tolerant are really reacting to the biophosphates, which are incredibly toxic, that are sprayed over the wheat fields, like what is found in Round Up
5. Many other people who think they are gluten intolerant only react to the highly processed wheat products, not whole grains and/or sprouted grains
6. Many people who think they are gluten intolerant are only intolerant of GMO grains and not organic grains
So, the question is why are they intolerant. Well, there are a few that are intolerant because of their DNA makeup; some are intolerant because the immune system in their gut is damaged; still others are intolerant because of their microbiota.
Is there any help? Yes there is. For a period of time we eliminate all gluten type products, including whole grains and anything that may biophosphates. We work with unique products and diet than alter the microbiota in the gut. The microbiota work interactively with our immune systems.
We build on that, working with a formula that basically “reprograms” the immune system in the gut, using transfer factors.
In addition, we also make sure that the body is making sufficient glutathione which helps to regulate the immune system and is required for development, reaction and maintenance of immune cells. In addition, glutathione is important in the role of regulating of balancing various immune cells, like T1 andT2.
Once the gut’s immune and microbiota systems are normalized and leaky gut syndrome is healed, non GMO organic whole grains are introduced slowly into the system. The body develops the necessary to protocol metabolize these foods once again and can now take advantage of all the nutrients in whole grains, i.e., fibre, starch, fat, antioxidant nutrients, minerals, vitamins, lignans and phenolic compounds which are very beneficial.
What tends to cause the
controversies are issues like:
• GMO products versus non
• Biophosphates on the products or not
• Highly processed products versus whole grains
• Damaged or ineffective gut immune system or leaky gut syndrome, or any of a number gut inflammatory issues
• Imbalance or deficiency in the microbiota
• Insufficient glutathione and perhaps other nutrients like Vitamin D3
• Imbalance in the pH throughout the gut
• Heavy metal toxicity or environmental toxicity in the gut
Any one or any combination of these issues can alter the outcome of a given study.
Do your research. make wise choices; and be healthy.
Here’s to your health!
Be responsible, do your research, find a good health practitioner. Here’s to your health!
For more information, contact: Dr Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This article is provided for general information only, and is not a substitute for the medical advice of your own doctor or other health care professional. The writer or publisher is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made by a reader based on the content of this article. Always consult your own health care