Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 90 minutes
• A spring lamb, boned and chopped
• A bottle of dry white wine, ideally Prosecco
• A glass of Marsala (A fortified Sicilian wine)
• 1/4 cup unsalted butter
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• The white part of a leek, minced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 pounds asparagus, cleaned and white ends of stems trimmed and discarded
• A carrot, minced
• 2 egg yolks, beaten
• 1 cup cream
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• Garnish : chopped carrots , blanched Asparagus crowns, Fava Beans
Combine the Prosecco and Marsala in a bowl and marinate the lamb for a couple of hours, turning the pieces occasionally.
Heat the oil and butter in a pot and sauté the garlic and leek until the leek has wilted and begun to color; add the lamb, turning the pieces , and as soon as they have browned add a cup of the marinade, and simmer over a low flame, covered, meat should be drying out.
In the meantime, heat the remaining marinade in a pot with a little water.. Skim
and strain the broth, mix the carrot into it, add, the asparagus, and boil them
for 5 minutes from the time the broth comes back to a boil, turn off the heat and Blend the mixture, whisk the yolks and the cream into it, mix well, and pour the resulting souce over the meat. Serve at once.
Gurjyote Singh Sethi, Executive Chef Zest, Kitchen on the move. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org