- 800 gms skinless, boneless chicken breast (sliced)
- 1 to 3 piece fresh ginger
- 5 garlic cloves
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 3-4 red hot chilies fresh (crushed)
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, plus more for grill
- ½ cup cilantro leaves with stems chopped finely
- Lime wedges (for garnish)
- 2 stem cilantro (garnish)
- Pre heat grill first make ginger, garlic paste, add cilantro and grind well. Add coconut milk, crushed chillies, lime juice, brown sugar, desiccated coconut, salt, and 2 tbsp. oil and whisk to combine. Add chicken and toss to coat. Marinate for min 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade, letting excess drip back into bowl, and transfer to a baking sheet. Pour marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Generously oil grate of grill, Grill chicken, turning once and basting occasionally with marinade, until you see some good grill marks and chicken is cooked through, 8–10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a platter. Brush with remaining marinade, garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
Gurjyote Singh Sethi, Canadian Red Seal Chef with over 18 years of Culinary Experience, Currently operating Catering company GJ’S Kitchen in Surrey BC. He had been associated with leading hotels in India, The Hyatt Regency New Delhi, Marriott Welcome Hotel, Crown Plaza Gurgaon by (IHG), and Aman Resorts New Delhi, The Claridges Surajkund and Vivanta by Taj at Surajkund. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org