The North Vancouver Remembrance Day commemoration ceremonies will take place Friday, November 11, 10:30 AM, at the Victoria Park Cenotaph. The park is located in the 100 block of East Keith Road and Lonsdale Avenue.
The North Vancouver RCMP reminds citizens that there may be some traffic delays as the JP Fell Pipe Band will lead a parade from the Armories to the Cenotaph. The first stage of the parade route will consist of the following movements:
- At 9:20 AM, the Pipe Band march off from the Armories at 15th & Forbes Avenue then proceeds east to St. George and south to the RCMP Detachment.
- At 9:55 AM, the contingents of the Pipe Band, RCMP and Fire Department will precede south on St. Georges down to the assembly point at the corner of East Keith Road and St. George.
With the completion of the ceremonies at approximately 11:30 AM, Veterans along with remaining participants will march off from the Cenotaph at Victoria Park. The final stage of the parade route will consist of the following movements:
- Northbound on Lonsdale Ave.
- Turning Westbound on West 15 Street.
- Proceeding West on 15 Street to the Armories on Forbes Avenue.
Throughout the parade routes, the motoring public can expect roadblocks and delays, advised Cpl. Richard De Jong of the North Vancouver RCMP.
In this important day of honoring and remembering, the public is asked to be patient with any delays the parade may bring.