Surrey RCMP is advising the public of and arrest and charges against a man in connection with a series of property crimes that occurred in the Cloverdale Area of Surrey.
Investigators believe eleven incidents reported in Cloverdale since September 25, 2019, are tied to the same suspect. Incidents varied from thefts from vehicles to the use of stolen property to commit further offences.
The Surrey RCMP Auto Crime Target Team led the investigation which resulted in the arrest of Christian Gauvreau-May, 26 years old, of Surrey.
Gauvreau-May has been remanded in custody and is currently facing 33 charges including:
- Multiple counts of Theft of a Motor Vehicle
- Multiple counts of Theft
- Multiple counts of Possession of Stolen Property
- Possession of Break-In Instruments
- Trespass at Night
- Possession of Credit Cards and an ID Document not in his name
- Use of a Stolen Credit Card
- Obstructing a Police Officer
- Multiple counts of Failing to Comply with Undertakings and Probation Orders
“Security video footage can play a big role when it comes to investigating property crime”, says Corporal Chris Kajan, Surrey RCMP Auto Crime Target Team. “We continue to encourage property owners to consider using video security systems, and appreciate the assistance of the residents who provided their videos to investigators.”
Anyone with information regarding property crime in Surrey is asked to call Surrey RCMP at 604-599-0502 or, if you wish to make an anonymous report, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS or www.solvecrime.ca.