London: The inaugural edition of the Indian Cricket Heroes, held at the home of Cricket – Lord’s Cricket Ground in London.
Indian Cricket Heroes, an initiative by RP Sanjiv Goenka Group, Cornerstone and Star Sports, saw Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Poonam Yadav, Andre Russel scoop top honours.
The debuting annual event recognised the very best of Indian professional cricket in a ceremony to reward, reflect and rejoice the heroes of the game across nine categories including Emerging Cricketer of the Year Male & Female; Best Performance in India’s Premier T20 Tournament 2019; Cricketer of the Year; and a special Heroes Tribute.
1983 ICC World Cup winning Captain Kapil Dev and Sanjiv Goenka were the co-chairs of the awards jury who attended the event along with the jury members: Ex-Indian Women’s Cricket Captain and Commentator Anjum Chopra, Commentator Ayaz Memon, World Class off-spinner Harbhajan Singh and former Indian cricketer Mohammad Kaif. Jury advisor and sports statistician Mohandas Menon was also in attendance.
This year’s event crowned the greatest performers in Indian cricket in the last 12 months across nine categories, with a special Heroes Tribute:
- Emerging Cricketer of the Year Female: Radha Yadav
- Emerging Cricketer of the Year Male: Mayank Agarwal
- Bowler of the Year Female: Poonam Yadav
- Bowler of the Year Male: Jasprit Bumrah
- Batter of the Year Female: Smriti Mandhana
- Batter of the Year Male: Rohit Sharma
- Best Performance in India’s Premier T20 Tournament 2019: Andre Russel
- Best Performance versus India 2019: Sam Curran
- Cricketer of the Year: Jasprit Bumrah
- Heroes Tribute 2019: Yuvraj Singh