Vancouver: March is national Pharmacist Awareness Month and a great time to remind British Columbians of the many ways pharmacists can help optimize your health. This year’s theme, The pharmacist is in, highlights the integral role pharmacists play in BC’s health care system. Here are five ways your community pharmacist can help you!
1. Provide vaccinations to protect you against illnesses
2. Help you understand how to use your medications safely and effectively
3. Help you prepare for your upcoming vacation
4. Renew or adapt some prescriptions
5. Return medications that you’re no longer using for safe disposal