We have all heard how prevalent depression is. Probably 2 out of every 3 people you know has either been in therapy or on anti-depressants. And of course, it is always worse in the winter months and often before and during Christmas.
That is great for Big Pharma, who make over 1 Billion a day on each of the anti-depressants. Whoa!!
But what is depression and is it really a brain or a mind issue? Actually psychiatrists, psychologists, neurologists, etc can even agree on whether the mind is one in the same as the brain; or a reflection of the brain; or in some energetic field that impacts on the brain. Alas, we won’t wait for them to figure it out.
But we do need to know what causes depression. And, how to solve it. Which all in all, neither the psychiatrists or the psychologists are doing a very good job with. When I was a registered psychologist, I often sent people to Naturopaths, Herbalists, or for colonics and was able to solve a lot of depression issues through these methods. So let’s find out why they have a good ability to solve that which the psychiatrists and psychologists can’t do.
So let’s start with looking at symptoms of depression; then causes of depression; then how to solve depression.
Symptoms: Cognition: memory/concentration/decision making
Emotion: irritable/reactive/despair/loss of joy
Excessive feelings of guilt/worthlessness
Loss of interest in sex
Sleep: too much/too little
May also include: Apathy or agitation, Low functioning immune system.
**NOTE: too many people, including professionals mislabel frustration as depression
- Toxins: Mold mycotoxins
- Heavy Metal: Mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium, aluminum, copper
- Environmental: Pesticides, Insecticides (Organophosphates), POPsElectromagnetics
- Nutrient deficiency: Vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, B12, D
- Minerals: Magnesium (could also be calcium and potassium)
- Compounds: Glutathione
- Fatty acids: DHA, EPA, ALA
- Organ dysfunction:
- GIT: inflammation; poor immune function; imbalanced, microbiota
- Liver: fatty liver; inflamed, low glutathione
- Thyroid: either low levels of T4/T3 or inability to convert
- Adrenals: hyper or hypo interferes with T4-T3 conversion, Tooth/gum infection
- Cellular dysfunction: Methylation Cycles: Methionine cycle, Folate cycle, Biopterin, Urea Mitochondrial dysfunction
- DNA expression
- Low levels of serotonin have never been proven to cause depression nor has regulating serotonin ever been proven to solve depression.
- Most serotonin (98%) is made in the gut intestinal wall: important in issues like: inflammatory bowel disease; IBS; idiopathic constipation – consequently, anti-depressants can cause these problems.
- About 90% of the fibers in the vagus nerve (the cranial nerve that effects all your gut/organs) – actually carry info from the gut to the brain – not the previously believed brain to gut
How to Solve Depression:
- Detox: Detox the colon, Detox the kidney, Then detox the liver
- Replenish nutrients for Cellular function, Brain function, General nutrients
- Increase glutathione levels, Improve pre & probiotics
Here’s to your health!
For more information, contact: Dr Holly at email@example.com
Disclaimer: This article provides general information only, and is not a substitute for the medical advice of your own doctor or other health care professional. This site is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made by a user based on the content of this website. This site is not liable for the contents of any external internet sites listed, nor does it endorse any commercial product or service mentioned or advised on any of such sites. Always consult your own health care practitioner.