For the dressing
- 1 – 2 teaspoons tom yam paste (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Coriander (Chopped)
For the salad
- 125 grams broccoli (cut into floret)
- 125 grams fine green beans (each bean cut into 4)
- 125 grams baby corn (each cob cut into 4)
- 75 grams sliced button mushrooms
- 100 grams finely shredded Chinese leaf lettuce
- 150 grams bean sprouts
- Garnish with toasted sesame seed
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a measuring jug. (make sure Tom Yum paste incorporates)
- Cook the broccoli florets with the fine beans and baby corn for 2 minutes in a pan of boiling water. Drain and refresh by plunging them into a sink or tub of cold water.
- Put the shredded lettuce, bean sprouts and sliced mushrooms into a bowl and add the drained and refreshed vegetables.
- Dress the salad, tossing everything together well.
Gurjyote Singh Sethi, Canadian Red Seal Chef with over 18 years of Culinary Experience, Currently operating Catering company GJ’S Kitchen in Surrey BC. He had been associated with leading hotels in India, The Hyatt Regency New Delhi, Marriott Welcome Hotel, Crown Plaza Gurgaon by (IHG), and Aman Resorts New Delhi, The Claridges Surajkund and Vivanta by Taj at Surajkund. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. www.gjskitchen.com