- Paneer – 2 cups
- Potato boiled & mashed –1/2 cup
- Oil – 2 and 1/2tbsp
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Green chilly chopped – 2 tsp
- Ginger chopped – 2 tsp
- Turmeric –1/2tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 1/2tsp
- Cilantro chopped – 2 tbsp
- Almonds chopped –1/2 cup
- Bread Crumb 1/3 cup (optional)
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Mash the Paneer and mix with the potato. Heat oil and add jeera, once it crackles, add the ginger and green chilly. Toss them for few seconds and add the turmeric and immediately add the Paneer-potato mixture.
- Then, add red chilli powder and salt. Toss for 2-3 mins and take off the flame. Spread out on a tray and allow cooling completely, now adding cornstarch and coriander chopped and almonds. Make round and flat patties. Roll the sides of the patty and keep aside. Heat remaining oil in a pan and cook the patties on both sides till golden brown.
- Serve with Mint chutney.
Gurjyote Singh Sethi, Canadian Red Seal Chef with over 18 years of Culinary Experience, Currently operating Catering company GJ’S Kitchen in Surrey BC. He had been associated with leading hotels in India, The Hyatt Regency New Delhi, Marriott Welcome Hotel, Crown Plaza Gurgaon by (IHG), and Aman Resorts New Delhi, The Claridges Surajkund and Vivanta by Taj at Surajkund. Email: email@example.com