Three Hills, Alberta: 31-year-old Bradly Barry Kowalczyk is wanted by Alberta RCMP and Calgary Police Service for luring people through online classified advertisements. Kowalczyk is wanted on numerous Alberta arrest warrants for Calgary, Three Hills, Chestermere, Crowsnest Pass, Viking, St. Paul and Olds areas for charges relating to Fraud over $5000.00, Fraud under $5000.00 and breaching conditions of his release. Kowalczyk is also wanted for similar charges from Weyburn, Saskatchewan.
It is alleged that over the past year, Kowalczyk has been prolific in luring victims through online classified advertisements for high value items such as farm and industrial type equipment, taking deposits for these items and then not providing the advertised product. It is believed that Kowalczyk is travelling with his 2012 Nissan Titan dark grey in colour and a 2009 Fleetwood travel trailer.
1. When buying or selling it is recommended you meet with the other party in person, preferably in a public place.
2. Never send or wire money without first receiving the product you are seeking to purchase.
3. Make yourself aware of common scams. www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca
4. Do not give out personal and or banking information over the internet.
5. If something sounds too good to be true, it likely is.
If you think you have been the victim of an online fraud, report the matter to the security department of the associated website and also to your local police service.
If you have any information related to the whereabouts of Kowalczyk or his vehicle, please call your local police service or Cst. Seth Adair directly at the Three Hills, Alberta RCMP Detachment @ 403-443-5539 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).