Shrimp with Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
3 Green onions, chopped
1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded
1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
2 Tsp grapefruit zest
2 Tsp kosher salt
1 Tsp each brown sugar
½ Tsp ground cumin
1 Tsp fresh ground pepper
2 Tbsp vegetable oil (approx.)
1 Lb(s) raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 Tsp grapefruit zest
3 Tbsp grapefruit juice
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp lime juice
Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
1 Grapefruits, segmented
1 Ripe avocado, diced
3 Cups fresh watercress, tough stems removed
½ Cup fresh cilantro leaves
¼ Cup fresh mint leaves
- Pulse together onions, jalapeno, thyme, grapefruit zest, salt, sugar, cumin and pepper in small food processor. Drizzle in enough oil to form a paste.
- Coat shrimp with paste and let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Grill shrimp over medium high grill, turning once until cooked through, about 5 minutes; keep warm.
- Place shrimp on plate. Spoon grapefruit and watercress mixture on top to serve.
For Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
- Whisk together grapefruit zest and juice, oil, lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Toss grapefruit and avocado with 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of the dressing.
- Toss dressing with watercress, cilantro, mint.
Gurjyote Singh Sethi, has over 16 years’ experience in the hospitality Industry. He has been associated with leading hotels like the Hyatt Regency New Delhi, Marriott Welcome Hotel, Fusion (Multi cuisine food Joint) Self Owned, Crowne Plaza Gurgaon by (IHG), and Aman Resorts New Delhi, The Claridges Surajkund and Vivanta by Taj at Surajkund. Email: email@example.com