Quinoa, Kale and Black Bean Salad
- 1 Cup quinoa, uncooked
- 6 Cups chopped kale, de-stemmed
- 1/2 Red onion, chopped
- 1 Can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup corn
- 1/4 Cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 Cup fresh Lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1 Teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin Roasted (Course Grounded)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium sized pot, combine 2 cups of water with 1 cup of quinoa and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy.
- In a large salad bowl, add the kale and the onion.
- Once the quinoa is done cooking, add in the black beans and corn to the pot. Mix it up. Add the quinoa mixture over the kale and mix.
- Prepare the dressing. (Whisk all ingredients together), pour the dressing over the salad, mix well and serve.
Gurjyote Singh Sethi, has over 16 years’ experience in the hospitality Industry. He has been associated with leading hotels like the Hyatt Regency New Delhi, Marriott Welcome Hotel, Fusion (Multi cuisine food Joint) Self Owned, Crown Plaza Gurgaon by (IHG), and Aman Resorts New Delhi, The Claridges Surajkund and Vivanta by Taj at Surajkund. Email: email@example.com.